We are about to celebrate 15 years of us trusting Google Maps for direction. [simple_tooltip content=’Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple, and Facebook.’]Google[/simple_tooltip] is also celebrating the event with a perfect makeover for its maps- A new icon. Trust me, it’s way better than the previous one that we have used so far.
The app also got some revamp with several new features. But the most noteworthy change is the icon itself.
This time Google step out of its classic map intersection pin to a new fresh Google Hued pin over a white background. The new icon resembles all the other branding material of Google.
The Google Maps application itself is likewise getting a slight change, with two included tabs at the base: the update includes “explore”, “contribute” and “updates” tabs, and replaces the “for you” tab with a progressively engaged “saved” tab.
So, what are these new tabs?
- Explore: Here, you can find new places based on your recommendations. This section will also help you find restaurants, clubs or other desired places with their performance reviews.
- Commute: This new feature is here to help you find the most convenient way for your journey. May it be through a car or public transport or simply walking.
- Saved: You can save your recommended places here. Once you save them here, forget about remembering them.
- Contribute: Through this section, you can leave reviews for others to get the best out of a restaurant, a bar or a gym or any places you have been in once.
- Updates: Who doesn’t want to be updated with all the trending places nearby? It’s just sometimes it becomes very hard to keep pace with all the things altogether. Here, this ‘Update’ will answer all those related questions for you.
Transit features are additionally getting refreshed. Notwithstanding live appearance times and crowdedness expectations, Google Maps will offer new parts of voyaging using open transit.
Transit riders will currently have the option to see temperature ahead of time so they can envision whether they should dress cool or wrap up. There is likewise new accessibility information that tells riders which train or transport lines offer available doors and whether there are orderlies to help debilitated travelers.
You can download the update now on iOS or Android, but the only thing that immediately changed for us was the app icon.
So, did you like the new icon and all the additional new features of Google Maps?
Let us know your thoughts and for more updates, be with Markedium.