McDonald’s New Campaign Celebrates It’s 50th Year in Australia with Aussie Tradition1 min read
Macca’s, as McDonald’s is known in Australia, has launched a new campaign to commemorate the company’s 50th anniversary in the country, which began with the opening of its first local restaurant in Yagoona in 1971.
Australia has its own unique Macca’s traditions – like dipping fries in sundaes, enjoying a wedding day McDonald’s burger, and bunny-hopping through the Drive-Thru on your P Plates. Well, you can find all of these in focus for the company’s 50th birthday campaign via DDB Sydney.
A second TVC is all about thanking Macca’s crew members past and present who have kept the doors open for 50 years with their passion and hard labor.
“Macca’s brought the Drive-Thru, Australia brought the road trip,” said DDB Australia Chief Creative Officer Ben Welsh. “Thanks for 50 years of Happy Meals and Hash Browns.”
- Client: McDonald’s Australia
- Chief Marketing Officer: Chris Brown
- National Marketing Manager: Amanda Nakad
- Senior Brand Manager: Nichole Tsiros
- Creative Agency: DDB Sydney
- PR: Mango Communications
- Media: OMD
- CRM: Digitas
- In-Restaurant: Guihen Jones
- Partnerships: The Joester Loria Group
- Promotional Merchandise: The Marketing Store