Many multinational companies are having a tough time to protect their workers and operation in Ukraine as Russia started invading Ukraine. Here is a list of big brands that have been afftected by the crisis and how they have reacted to it.
- AB InBev Efes: AB InBev Efes is one of the top players in the brewery market of Ukraine. The company which is a joint venture between Anheuser-Busch InBev and Anadolu Efes has 3,000 workers in the Ukrainian operation. The company has stopped sales and production due to the invasion.
- Coca-Cola HBC: The bottler company which is based in Switzerland has sent workers home by halting operations in Ukraine. Coca-Cola HBC spokesperson told Bloomberg, “We have enacted our contingency plans that include stopping production in the Ukraine, closing our plant and asking colleagues in the country to remain at home and follow local guidance,” a Coca-Cola HBC spokesperson told Bloomberg.
- Carlsberg: The Danish brewery giant has 1,300 workers in its three breweries in Ukraine. The company decided to stop production in two of its breweries and sent the workers home.
- Modelez International: The snack giant has over 4,300 workers in Eastern Europe. The company is yet to close operation in Ukraine but according to the Chief Executive Officer the company might close operation in both Ukraine and Russia is the situation worsens.
- Nestle: The company has over 5,000 workers in Ukraine and has decided to close to temporaliy close three factories in the country.
- Philip Morris International Inc.: The tobacco giant is closlely monitoring the situation in Ukraine. The company is yet to stop any operation in the country. Russia and Ukraine region accounts for 8% of the net revenue of the company.
- Restaurant Brands International Inc.: The restaurant giant reported in a recent filing that the company can be affected economically due to the crisis as the demand for dinning out will fall drastically in Ukraine. Sanctions could affect the franchisee brands located in Russia and Eastern Europe.
This is a developing story! For more updates, be with Markedium.